My Favorite Links
Well Known & Lesser Known sites
- RAOGK Random Acts of Genealogical
Kindness. Volunteers around the world will look up information in
their area for you. This is a MUST bookmark site. Volunteers do everything from visiting repositories and doing lookups of any public information (vital stats etc) to visiting cemeteries and obtaining burial records and photos of gravesites.
- Books We Own Volunteers who own books will do lookups in the books. This is a MUST bookmark site. This gives you a chance to look in a book you have heard of without visiting the library or buying the book yourself.
- My Trees This site provides free database time for transcribing census pages online. On the left (Login Shortcuts) select Free Genealogy to sign up. Earn 1 hr of research time for doing 2 family transcriptions. This is a MUST bookmark site. Great way to search census records free.
- Archives of Canada Click on Genealogical Research
- Jan's Digs The Dibean marriage index for Wayne County in a searchable format. Scroll down and choose Wayne County Search Engine. Remember that many Essex County, Ontario folks went to Detroit, Michigan to get married.
- Essex and Kenty County, Ontario Transcripts Be sure and scroll to the bottom of the page to get to the site search. This is a volunteer contributed database; so information is constantly being added.
- Ontario marriages 1800-1924
- Ontario GenWeb
- Nantais Message Board housed at Rootsweb.com
- Filles du Roi (King's Daughters) and the soldiers of the Carignan-Salières Regiment of 17th century New France.
- Ships Lists to Canada at Olive Tree.
- Family History Center, search the entire LDS (church of the Latter Day Saints) catalog housed in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Jewish Gen Complete site for Jewish genealogy
- Olive Tree
- Date Converter converts Julian dates to Gregorian dates. Pope Gregory revised the calendar in 1582. Especially in England, particularly in dating material between 1582 and 1755 or so, it becomes necessary to convert back and forth. Read the entire explanation of dates at this site.
- Date Converter converts Jewish dates to Gregorian dates. The current year in the Jewish calendar is 5765, because the calendar has not been changed since it began.
Get Your Genealogy Data to the web:
- GedClean Cleans the personal
information from your gedcom. small fee
- Ged4Web Converts your
gedcom to HTML format.
Converts your gedcom to HTML format. You can also download the free WinFTP to upload your web pages here.
- Gendex Download GED2HTML Program here and/or upload your database for free hosting.
- ICD SOFT Get your domain name and hosting here for a reasonable price. (333 MG space)
- Geocities - free (15) MG space
- Tripod - free (20 MG)
My Favorite Genealogy Graphics Sites: